Man Electrocuted In Osun State

elect

A radio repairer, identified as Karim Teslim, has been electrocuted at one of the substations of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company in Osogbo, the Osun State capital.

It was gathered on Monday that Teslim was inside his shop when he got a report that there was an electrical fault at the substation.

He was said to have proceeded to the place, where he climbed a ladder to access the mini transformer to rectify the fault.

But barely three minutes after he started working on the transformer, he was electrocuted and thrown off the ladder which he had climbed.

A witness said Teslim was badly burnt by the voltage, adding that his clothes were burnt.

The incident was said to have caused pandemonium in the area as those who gave him the ladder fled the scene after they saw that he was motionless.

His remains were said to have been taken to the mortuary of an undisclosed hospital.

The Manager, Branding and Communication of IBEDC, Osun State, Kike Owoeye, confirmed the incident on the telephone to our correspondent.

She described the incident as unfortunate, saying, “This is becoming too rampant.”

Owoeye urged residents to always report any fault to the IBEDC office, adding that the company’s technicians would act promptly.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s